Roast Pumpkin Salad with Pomegranate + Pepita Seeds
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1kg pumpkin (kent or butternut)
- 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijion mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Cut the pumpkin into wedges and de-seed it. Spread the pumpkin out on to one or two lined baking trays. Drizzle the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/4 cup of olive oil over the pumpkin and roast for 30 minutes then set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing: combine remaining lemon, olive oil, mustard and stir.
- To serve, lay the spinach out on to the serving plate and place pumpkin wedges on top. Top with pomegranate seeds, pepita seeds, capers and lentils. Pour over the dressing.