Pineapple & Coconut Slice
Serves: 12 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups 1cm diced pineapple
- 4 passionfruit, halved
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly spray a 23cm x 23cm cake tin with oil. Line with baking paper.
2. Place spread and 1/2 cup maple syrup into a mixing bowl. Using an electric beater, beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well to combine. Fold through flour and milk. Gently add diced pineapple and passionfruit pulp. Spoon into prepared tin.
3. Make Crunchy topping: Combine quinoa flakes, maple syrup and coconut. Sprinkle evenly over slice.
4. Bake in oven for 25–30 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into center of slice.
5. Cool in tin and then cut into 12 pieces to serve.
For more healthy and delicious treat recipes, click here.
This recipe is by Melissa Meier, who is an intern at The Biting Truth and is currently studying her Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics at Sydney University.