Frozen Banana Treats
Serves: 6| Prep time: 25 minutes | Cooking Time: 6.5 hours in the freezer
- 3 bananas
- 100g chocolate baking chips
- ½ tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon yoghurt
- Hundreds & thousands, to sprinkle on top
- 5 almonds, roughly chopped
- 6 paddle pop sticks
1. Peel bananas and cut in half. Insert a paddle pop stick into each half banana. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
2. Once the bananas are frozen, use 2 saucepans to create a double boiler. Fill the bottom saucepan to half way with water and bring to the boil. Add the chocolate baking chips to the top saucepan and stir as it is melting.
3. Meanwhile, in separate zip lock bags, spoon the yoghurt and peanut butter into the bottom corner of the bag. Seal the bags leaving no air inside and twist the zip lock bag to tightly push all contents into one corner (resembling a piping bag). Cut a small piece off the corner of the bag to ‘pipe’ the contents onto the bananas.
4. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bananas from the freezer and dip in the chocolate, covering about half of the banana. Immediately sprinkle or ‘pipe’ your topping of choice onto the chocolate. Return the bananas to the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
5. To serve, remove bananas from the freezer and let sit for 10-15 minutes, to allow the banana to soften slightly.
For more healthy and delicious treat recipes, click here.