Pea & Zucchini Slice
Serves: 10-20 (depending whether you serve as a snack or meal) | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 medium zucchinis, grated (squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can)
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and smashed
- 2 tbs pesto (see The Biting Truth’s homemade pesto recipe here)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. In a non stick fry pan, heat oil and add the onion & garlic and cook until lightly brown
3. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, parmesan, flour, onion and garlic. Mix to combine.
4. In the centre of the bowl make a well, add the eggs and mix.
5. Add in ricotta, peas and pesto.
6. Pour mixture into a 20 x 30 cm baking tin (lined with baking paper).
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden. Cut into small snack size serves or larger slices for a meal and enjoy your zucchini slice 🙂
For more healthy and delicious recipes, click here.