Roasted Pumpkin and Capsicum Salad
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 1 hour
- ½ butternut pumpkin, cut into 2 cm slices
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1 green apple
- 250g Haloumi cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 cucumber
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato
- 8 tbsps olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 8 tbsps balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 220 C. On a roasting tray, lay the capsicum skin side up and pumpkin on the tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, and place in the oven. After 20 minutes, the capsicum should be blackened. Remove the capsicum from the oven, turn the pumpkin and continue roasting for another 30 minutes or until golden.
2. Place the capsicum in a bowl and cover with cling film to allow to bowl to fill with steam. After 10 minutes, remove the cling film. The skin of the capsicum should be easy to remove when pinched.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the avocado, tomato and cucumber by chopping into small cubes. Thinly slice the green apple. Toss rocket, avocado, tomato, cucumber and apple together in a mixing bowl.
4. To prepare the dressing, mix 2 tbsps olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano in small bowl or glass. Set aside.
5. With 10 minutes to go, heat a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the cheese slices. Fry the Haloumi cheese for 1 minute on each side, squeezing the juice of the other half lemon on the cheese once turned.
6. To assemble the salad, lay out rocket, avocado, tomato, cucumber and apple on the bottom of a plate. Pour the chickpeas over the top and then add the roasted pumpkin and capsicum and grilled Haloumi to the top. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
For more yummy salad recipes, click here!