Tri-coloured Quinoa & Boiled Egg Salad
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins
For those with allergies or intolerances this recipe is both gluten and dairy free
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 small yellow capsicum
- 3 eggs or feta cheese
- 1 punnet yellow cherry tomatoes, diced into quarters
- 1 punnet red cherry tomatoes, diced into quarters
- ½ Spanish onion, diced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 125g can of corn kernels
- Pepper to taste
- Clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp dukkah
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Cook quinoa as per packet instruction.
2. Carefully place eggs into pot of water and bring to the boil. Allow to cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
3. Once quinoa is cooked, allow it to cool. Transfer to large salad bowl. Add herbs, veggies and pepper on top and mix together.
4. Once eggs are done, run under cool water. Peel off shell and slice up. Transfer egg to salad bowl.
5. To make the dressing, simply add all the ingredients into mixing cup and whisk together. Taste and add extra ingredients accordingly. Drizzle over the egg salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Replace boiled egg with feta, or crumble feta over the top of the salad in addition to the boiled eggs.
- Add can of brown lentils to the salad.
For more healthy and delicious recipes, click here.