Miso Roasted Cauliflower
Serves 4-6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 whole Cauliflower
- 1 cup fortified wine (e.g. sherry or muscat)
- 1/4 cup shiro miso paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200ºC .
- Cut a cross in base of cauliflower with a sharp knife. Place cauliflower in a large ovenproof dish. Poor fortified wine into the base of the dish.
- Combine miso, syrup, oil, ginger and garlic in a small bowl and pour over cauliflower.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds over the cauliflower.
- Return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.