Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad with Pine Nuts & Feta
Serves: 4 – 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 500g brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- 50g feta
- Glazed balsamic vinegar (to serve)
- Wash and trim brussels sprouts. Push through food processor so they are shaved finely.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir for a couple of minutes. Then add the shallots and pine nuts and stir for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add shaved brussels sprouts to pan, turn up heat, cover, and fry for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add bit of water if needed. Squeeze lemon throughout and mix.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate or bowl. Crumble feta cheese over brussels sprout, drizzle with glazed balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Option to squeeze additional lemon throughout.